Site Network: News | Mission | About Plein Air | Join | Contact

 

Plein Air & Studio Artist



Painting the Church Today


HERE IS WHERE I PAINTED THIS MORNING. I was asked by my church to paint for the cover of our magazine; a forthcoming issue directed towards creativity - whether an author, musician, artist, etc.

Knowing that God gave "all men gifts", I was delighted and thankful to paint for Him; yet there were challenges. Trying to make our huge campus-like architecture warm and inviting took time for me to scope-out. Brick-and-mortar alone does not constitute nor convey God or His Church. Spending a previous day observing from vantage-points high and low (and doubtful of finding a location) I sought a spot which could relay our message without people in the image...and He is what we are all about.

The building faces North, therefore, never receives direct sunlight. However, I found a place to the side that receives early morning light. All the doors were closed yet, God never closes. A church and its building should be open at all times, and ours is. After all my research, you will see how I solved this issue.

I setup my equipment at 8:30 am today in the hope of generating a tough concept to capture via photos or on canvas.

See the final painting in my next message...it is not finished yet! I must complete this one in the studio...

posted by Anonymous @ 4:01 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home